Location: Jaffna, Sri Lanka (some flexibility)
Job Term: 1 full time (48 hours per week) for up to 6 months minimum
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Job ID No.: 2019-005
Other Details: Preference will be given to those with a demonstrable commitment to international development and engagement with issues impacting the North and East of Sri Lanka.
comdu.it is a fast-growing global network of diaspora volunteers who are committed to the sustainable development of the traditional Tamil homelands in Sri Lanka. Our vision is to help shift diaspora engagement from charity to sustainability, from aid to economic development, and from sending remittance to building a knowledge economy instead. We are registered as a not-for-profit organisation in Ontario, Canada and as a charitable organisation in Hamburg, Germany.
We put war-impacted, remote and rural, and other vulnerable populations in Sri Lanka first. We need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people daily. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical, business, and international development worlds. You will bring your strategic leadership and technical expertise to work on new technologies, platforms, and/or public-facing products. Our vision is nothing short of transforming the next generational relationship between the diaspora and our homeland – and our goal is to match you with project(s) best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact in helping us achieve our vision.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
- Work collaboratively with Programs, Partnerships, Legal, Marketing, UX/UI, etc. cutting edge initiatives.
- Develop innovative solutions to some of the hardest problems in the North and East by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or a vast technological understanding, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least five years of experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, UX/UI, Partnerships, Legal, Finance or Marketing.
- Experience driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Professional fluency in Tamil a plus.
- Understanding of political, sociocultural, and economic issues impacting Tamil-speaking communities in Sri Lanka is preferred.
- Familiarity with the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a relentless focus on results.
How To Apply
- You must apply by email to email@example.com with “Job Application – Product Manager” in the subject.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed three (3) pages.
- Please apply by no later than December 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. Applicant must be legally able to work in Sri Lanka.