Location: Jaffna, Sri Lanka
Job Term: 1 full time (48 hours per week) for up to 12 months minimum
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Job ID No.: 2019-007
Other Details: Preference will be given to those with a demonstrable commitment to international development and engagement with issues impacting the North and East of Sri Lanka.
comdu.it is a fast-growing global network of diaspora volunteers who are committed to the sustainable development of the traditional Tamil homelands in Sri Lanka. Our vision is to help shift diaspora engagement from charity to sustainability, from aid to economic development, and from sending remittance to building a knowledge economy instead. We are registered as a not-for-profit organisation in Ontario, Canada and as a charitable organisation in Hamburg, Germany.
The Country Manager – Sri Lanka provides strategic leadership and management of the entire breadth of our operations in Sri Lanka, including all development and humanitarian programming to maximise our influence and impact. The position is accountable to the Founding Chair, for the delivery, effective management (which includes budgets and planning), monitoring and evaluation, and learning from the programme, and is further shaped by advice and guidance from the Board of Directors. Our vision is nothing short of transforming the next generational relationship between the diaspora and Sri Lanka – and your strategic leadership, policy and economic development expertise, and progressive international development outlook will help us achieve our vision.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing the country strategic plan with the support of the Board of Directors.
- Provides strategic leadership and management of country programme including all development programming to maximise our influence and impact.
- Manage work in the country, including but not limited to staff, budgets, funding and programme, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures, and local legislation.
- Creates and supports an environment which results in strong partnerships, influence, knowledge sharing and innovation.
- Drives efficiencies, seek economies of scale and value for money at the operational level.
- Takes the lead in representing the country programme nationally and internationally.
- Builds influential relationships and develops networks for effective change, both internally and externally, and is committed to maximising our influencing capability.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate tools and technology are in place to allow a strong flow of positive and consistent programme content to influence and communicate with internal audiences and external stakeholders including but not limited to government, media, donors, non-governmental sector, and supporters.
- Work closely with partners in country and donors in order to develop and deliver high quality programmes.
- Play an active role in drawing on learning from across comdu.it and external sources and sharing evidenced based learning with others.
- Ensures overall leadership of disaster preparedness, mitigation and management including humanitarian response activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, business administration, law, public administration, public policy or other relevant management or social sciences, or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5+ years in a senior management position or similar executive position required; specifically, in the areas of strategy and planning, financial management, risk management, policy development, program management, people development and management, and innovating organisational processes focusing on results delivery.
- Experience in capacity building programs in developing countries, working with a broad and inter-sectional range of key internal and external stakeholders at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Demonstrated track record of successful networking with government, humanitarian sector, private sector, field operations organisations, and diaspora organisations.
- Proven experience and knowledge in marketing and fundraising, mostly using new digital technology.
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Acts as a role model and offers guidance to colleagues. Takes initiative to share knowledge, experiences and information with others. Accepts and gives constructive feedback (up, down and across) to develop and motivate others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English and Tamil, with at least a working knowledge of Sinhala.
- Strong understanding of political, sociocultural, and economic issues impacting Tamil-speaking and vulnerable communities in Sri Lanka.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a relentless focus on results.
How To Apply
- You must apply by email to email@example.com with “Job Application – Country Manager, Sri Lanka” in the subject.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Please apply by no later than December 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. Applicant must be legally able to work in Sri Lanka.